2 Objective Type Questions
(Based on Bridge Course)
Multiple Choice Questions
1 Which of these words has the sound of ‘U’ as in umbrella
(i) unicom (ii) unicorn
(iii) underline (iv) unite
2. Which of these words has the sound of Tas In India ?
(i) ice cream (ii) inch
(iii) idca (iv) item
3. Which of these words has the sound of ‘G’ as in gym ?
(i)gem (ii) green
(iii) gymnast (iv) goat
4. Which of these words rhymes with ‘habit’?
(i) table (ii) rocket
(iii) pocket (iv) rabbit
5. Which of these words has a silent letter in the beginning ?
(i)when (ii) half
(iii) knife (iv) that
6. Which of these words has a süent letter in the middle ?
(i) hour (ii) would
(iii) write (iv) honour.
7. In the English alphabet, the letter ‘S’ comes before the letter:
(i) M (ii) P
(iii) T (iv) R
8. Write English name for a
(i) mango (ii) apple
(iii) orange (iv) guava.
9. Which is the second largest state in India ?
(i) Goa (ii) Kerala
(iii) Madhya Pradesh (iv) Bihar.
10. Which of these words has the sound of ‘C’as in car?
(i) curtain (ii) cool
(iii) cut (iv) carpet
Ans. 1. (iii), 2. (11), 3. (iii), 4. (iv), 5. (iii), 6. (w), 7. (iii), 8. (11), 9. (111), 10. (iv).
Fill in the Blanks
I Complete the words using ch, sh, th, ph or wh:
Ans. 1. shark, 2.photo, 3. wheel, 4. chick, 5. thumb, 6. phone.
fr, bl, cr, se, cl, gr, i, dr, gl, br, wh
Ans. 1.fly, 2.crab, 3.whale, 4.giue, 5.drum, 6.crowd, 7.frog, 8.clock, 9.grapes, 10.brush, 11.bread, 12.seed
III. Fill in the blanks with suitable silent letters:
ca ………… f
Ans. 1. knob, 2. wrong. 3. calf, 4. heir, 5. often, 6. listen
IV. Fill in the blanks using the correct form of verbs given in brackets:
1. A team of experts ..……… go) to Mount Everest next month
2. We ..……… (visit) our grandparents during the summer vacations
3. The players ..……… (travel) to Chennai tomorrow for the match
4. The exams ..……… (start) next week
5. We ..……… (keep) our school and surroundings clean
Ans. 1. will go, 2. will visit, 3. will travel, 4. will start, 5. will keep
V. Fill in the blanks with simple past tense forms of verbs given in brackets :
1. Uma ..……… (plant) jamun seeds in the school garden.
2. He ..……… (provide) water and compost to the seeds.
3. After a few days, tiny sprouts ..……… (come up
4. The sprouts …………(grow) and became a plant.
5. The plant …………(become) a tree and fruits grew on it
Ans. 1. planted, 2. provided, 3. came, 4. grew, 5. became
VI. Fill in the blanks with correct past tense forms of verbs given in brackets:
1. The women ………..(not go) back.
2. The woodcutters ……….. (not cut) the trees.
3. My friend ………… (not come) to school yesterday.
4. Suman ……….. (not play) in the match last week
5. The people ………… (not hurt) the leopard, which had entered the village
Ans. 1. did not go, 2. did not cut, 3. did not come, 4. did not play, 5. did not hurt
VII. Fill in the blanks using is, are, was, or were:
1. English and Hindi ………….. the official languages of the union government
2. Hindi ………… the official language of Madhya Pradesh
3. His friends ………. playing cricket, but Bhavya did not go
4. Sharad ………… watching TV when the power went off.
5. English …………. also a link language in India.
Ans. 1. are, 2. is, 3. were, 4. was, 5. is.
VIII. Fill in the blanks with the opposites of the underlined words:
1. The king was rich but his servants were……
2. Himanshu had to work hard when he was young but he had a lot of money when
3. The GVS school has continued the practice of giving awards to toppers but the
HMS School has ………. that practice.
4. Ravi and Radha loved dogs but their neighbours ………..dogs.
Ans. 1. poor, 2. old. 3. discontinued, 4. hated.
1. We should keep our surroundings clean.
2. The word ‘book’rhymes with ‘look’
3. The word ‘match’ does not have 1 silent letter in the middle.
4. The plural of child’ is ‘children’.
5. K2 (Godwin Austin) is the wettest mountain in India.
6. We should plant more trees.
7. We should not use plastic bags.
8. We should eat food in the computer room.
Ans. 1. True, 2. True, 3. False, 4. True, 5. False, 6. True, 7. True, 8. False.
Match the Following
I. Match the English words with their Hindi equivalents:
1. pear (i) लुहार
2. south (ii) आजादी
3. goldsmith (iii) संवाददाता
4. blacksmith (iv) सुनार
5. exchange (V) खरपतवार
6. also (vi) नाशपाती
7. correspondent (vii) भी
8. weed (viii) राजधानी
9. capital (ix) दक्षिण
10. freedom (x) विनिमय
Ans. 1. (vi), 2. (ix), 3. (iv), 4. (i), 5.(x), 6. (vii), 7.(1), 8. (v), 9. (viil), 10. (ii)
II. Match the pairs of rhyming words:
1. axe (i) fail
2. mail (ii) way
3. table (iii) sound
4. round (iv) wax
5. they (v) cable
Ans. 1. (iv), 2. (1), 3. (v), 4. (iii), 5. (ii).
III. Match the words for emotions with the correct pictures :
1. Happy (i)
2. Sad (ii)
3. Angry (iii)
4. Scared (iv)
5. Surprised (v)
Ans. 1. (u), 2. (ii), 3. (v), 4. (i), 5. (iv).
IV. Match the singular words with their plurals:
1. hen (i) friends
2. seed (ii)tractors
3. tractor (iii) seeds
4. friend (iv) children
5. child (v) hens
Ans. 1. (v), 2. (iii), 3. (ii), 4. 1), 5. (iv).
Do as Directed
I. Use capital letters and full stops and rewrite the following sentences Correctly
1. a jackal family lived in a forest
2. one day a lion came near their den
3. father jackal spoke loudly
4. mother jackal replied
5. the lion ran away
1. A jackal family lived in a forest. 2. One day, a bun came near then den
3. Father jackal spoke loudly. 4. Mother jackal replied 5. The hon am EEN
II. Put the word ‘and in the correct places and rewrite these sentences:
1. Reshma Sushma were good friends.
2. We play kho-kho kabaddi
3. We love mangoes bananas.
4. We buy books pens from the shop.
5. We read stories poems in class.
1. Reshma and Sushma were good friends. 2. We play ho-kho and Labai
3. We love mangoes and bananas. 4. We buy books and pens from the shop me
read stories and poems in class.
III. Rewrite these sentences using ‘Don’t’ in the correct places and also translate the sentences into Hindi :
1. waste water.
2. cut trees.
3. use plastic
4. waste paper.
5. eat with dirty hands.
1. Don’t waste water. पानी का क्षय न करें। 2. Dont cut trees वृक्ष २ का।
3.Don’t use plastic. प्लास्टिक का प्रयोग न करें। 4. Don’t waste paper कागजका पर करें।
5. Don’t eat with dirty hands. गन्दे हाथों से भोजन न करें।
IV. Complete and rewrite the following sentences by appropriately using the
superlative forms of the adjectives provided in the box given below
1. Our village is the……… in the district. The people do not throw garbage here
2. Question 5 in the test was the……… All students got full marks for it.
3. Many people consider Asoka as one of the ………….rulers of India
4. Burj Khalifa is the …………… building in the world. Its height is 830 meters.
5. There are 5 wrestlers in our village. Santosh is the……….. of them
1. Our village is the cleanest in the district. The people do not throw garbage
here and there. 2. Question 5 in the test was the easiest. All students got full marks
in it. 3. Many people consider Asoka as one of the greatest rulers of India. 4. Burj
Khalifa is the tallest building in the world. Its height is 830 meters. 5. There are 5
wrestlers in our village. Santosh is the strongest of them.
V. Combine these sentences using which or who and rewrite them :
1. Chandrashekhar said that his name was ‘Azad’. ‘Azad’ means ‘the liberated
2. I am reading a book by APJ Abdul Kalam. He was a great scientist.
3. I am going to PPN market. PPN market is close to our house.
4. The students are going to the fort. The fort was built in the 14th century.
5. I have to meet my friend. She has come back from Delhi.
1. Chandrashekhar said that his name was ‘Azad’, which means the liberated
2. I am reading a book by APJ Abdul Kalam, who was a great scientist. 3. I am
going to PPN market, which is close to our house. 4. The students are going to the
fort, which was built in the 14th century. 5. I have to meet my friend, who has come
back from Delhi.
VI. Form ‘wh’ questions so that the underlined words become answers :
1. Fathima lives in New Delhi.
2. She goes to school at 8 a.m.
3. She studies Maths, Hindi and English at school.
4. She has two brothers.
5. She wants to become a scientist.
1. Where does Fathima live ? 2. When does she go to school ? 3. What does
she study at school ? 4. How many brothers has she? 5. What does she want to
VII. Convert the following into negative sentences :
1. Raj has a car.
2. Simran knows the answer to the questions.
3. Jay sings beautifully.
4. Viru plays hockey.
5. Navjot Kaur acts in movies.
1. Raj does not have a car, 2. Simran does not know the answer to the questions
3. Jay does not sing beautifully. 4. Viru does not play hockey. 5. Navjot Kaur does
not act in movies.
VIII. Make sentences by rearranging the jumbled words. Don’t forget to put punctuation marks and capital letters:
2. jagat/a bank/went to
4. jagat /sugat/and/friends/were
5. can/drive you a car
6. wild/live/a/in/animal forest
8. stand/on/one leg/can/you
10. sing/can/a song you
11. cut/the/trees/do not
1. Can you speak Tamil ? 2. Jagat went to a bank, 3.It’s plant menstre
4. Jagat and Sugat were friends. 5. Can you drive a car 76, Wild animals live in *
forest. 7. Sugat could not sleep. 8. Can you stand on one leg 79. We should protect
our forest. 10. Can you sing a song ? 11. Do not cut the trees. 12. They wild whea
13. Can you draw pictures ? 14. Sugat kept money with him