8.QUESTIONS AND ANS.
Q. 1 How old was Evelyn when she went to the Royal Academy of music?Q. 1 जब एवलिन रॉयल संगीत अकादमी में गई तो उसकी उम्र कितनी थी?
Ans.When Evelyn went there, she was around seventeen years old. उत्तर: जब एवलिन वहां गई, तो वह लगभग सत्रह वर्ष की थी।
Q. 2 When was Evelyn‟s deafness noticed? Q. 2 एवलिन का बहरापन कब देखा गया?
Ans. Evelyn‟s deafness was noticed when she was eight years old.उत्तर। एवलिन का बहरापन तब देखा गया जब वह आठ साल की थी।
Q. 3 By whom was Evelyn‟s deafness noticed? Q. 3 एवलिन का बहरापन किसके द्वारा देखा गया था?
Ans. Evelyn‟s deafness was noticed by her mother. उत्तर। एवलिन के बहरेपन को उसकी माँ ने देखा।
Q. 4 When was Evelyn‟s deafness confirmed?Q. 4 एवलिन के बहरेपन की पुष्टि कब हुई थी?
Ans. Evelyn‟s deafness was confirmed when she was eleven years old. उत्तर। एवलिन के बहरेपन की पुष्टि तब हुई जब वह ग्यारह वर्ष की थी।
Q. 5 Who spotted Evelyn‟s potential? प्रश्न 5 एवलिन की क्षमता को किसने देखा?
Ans. Famous percussionist Ron Forbes spotted Evelyn‟s potential. उत्तर। प्रसिद्ध तालवादक रॉन फोर्ब्स ने एवलिन की क्षमता को देखा।
Q. 6 Why did Aurangzeb ban the playing of „pungi‟? प्र. ६ औरंगजेब ने पुंगी के वादन पर प्रतिबंध क्यों लगाया?
Ans. Aurangzeb banned the playing of „pungi‟ as it had a shrill unpleasant sound. उत्तर। औरंगजेब ने ‘पुंगी’ बजाने पर प्रतिबंध लगा दिया क्योंकि इसमें तीखी अप्रिय आवाज थी।
Q. 7 How is a Shehanai different from a Pungi? प्रश्न 7 शहनाई पुंगी से कैसे अलग है?
Ans. Pungi has a shrill, unpleasant sound. Shehnai has a melodious sound. उत्तर। पुंगी में एक तीखी, अप्रिय आवाज होती है। शहनाई में मधुर ध्वनि है।
Q. 8 Where was Shehnai played traditionally? Q. 8 पारंपरिक रूप से शहनाई कहाँ बजायी जाती थी?
Ans. Shehnai was traditionally played at royal courts. उत्तर। शहनाई पारंपरिक रूप से शाही दरबार में बजायी जाती थी।
Q. 9 When and how did Bismillah Khan get his big break? Q. 9 बिस्मिल्लाह खान को अपना बड़ा ब्रेक कब और कैसे मिला?
Ans. With the opening of All India Radio in Lucknow in 1938, Bismillah Khan got his big break. उत्तर। 1938 में लखनऊ में ऑल इंडिया रेडियो के उद्घाटन के साथ, बिस्मिल्लाह खान को अपना बड़ा ब्रेक मिला।
Q. 10 Why was Kezia afraid of her father? Q. 10 केजिया अपने पिता से क्यों डरती थी?
Ans. Kezia was afraid of her father as he never spoke to her with love. उत्तर। केज़िया अपने पिता से डरती थी क्योंकि उसने उससे कभी प्यार से बात नहीं की थी।
Q. 11 Who were the people in Kezia‟s family? प्र. 11 केजिया के परिवार में कौन लोग थे?
Ans. The people in Kezia‟s family were- her grandmother, her father and her mother. उत्तर। केज़िया के परिवार के लोग थे- उसकी दादी, उसके पिता और उसकी माँ।
12. Where does the traveller find himself? 12. यात्री खुद को कहां पाता है?
Ans. The traveller finds himself at a crossroad in a forest. उत्तर। यात्री खुद को जंगल में एक चौराहे पर पाता है।
13. What are the things the wind does in the first stanza?१३. पहले श्लोक में हवा क्या करती है?
Ans. It breaks the shutters of the windows. उत्तर। इससे खिड़कियों के शटर टूट जाते हैं।
14. What does the poet say the wind god winnows? १४. कवि क्या कहता है कि पवन देवता जीतते हैं?
Ans. The wind god winnows doors, homes, wood etc. उत्तर। पवन देवता दरवाजे, घर, लकड़ी आदि को तोड़ देते हैं।
15. What does the poet like to do when it rains? 15. बारिश होने पर कवि क्या करना पसंद करता है?
Ans. The poet likes to feel the presence of his mother when it rains उत्तर। बारिश होने पर कवि अपनी माँ की उपस्थिति को महसूस करना पसंद करता है
1. Letter Writing (Formal Informal)
1. Write a letter to your friend inviting him to attend the marriage ceremony of your brother/sister.
ANS – Letter to Friend
10/9, Golden Park,
Dated 7th March, 20…
My dear Amogh,
I hope you are well and fine there. You will be glad to know that my elder brother/
sister is going to be married next week on 14th March, 20………… I invite you to attend
the function. Invitation card has been sent. Please come as early as possible to assist me.
Waiting for you
2. Write a letter to your friend, congratulating him on his success in th eexamination.
Letter to Friend
15, Kabir Marg,
Nisarpur (Dhar) M.P.
Dated 6th June, 20…
Heartiest congratulations to you. I am glad that you have achieved brilliant success
in the High School Examination. I saw your name in the merit list. We all were very
happy to hear the news. You will have to throw a nice dinner party to our friends when
you come here.
Please inform me about your arrival..
Raghu Nath Joshi.
3. Write an application to the Principal of your school requesting him to grantyou leave for two days on account of illness.
Govt. Boys H. S. School,
Mandsaur (M. P.)
Subject: Application for leave
Respectfully, I beg to state that I have been suffering from fever since last night. I
am unable to attend the school. Kindly grant me leave for two days from 20th September
to 21st September
4. You are Poornima, a student of Class IX in Govt. School of Excellence, KatalWrite an application to the Superintendent of Police about the nuisance caused bythe use of loudspeakers.
10, Ramdas Nagar,
19th April, 20…
Superintendent of Police,
I want to draw your itention to the methoden lectent of Govt School of Ecellence, Kopping for the feet IX of MP Roard Trisch time when all the students are ydwy and secure for the upcoming Board Examination. The se depende toon the their time and concentration of the mind. It is regretful that may de not realise the importance of this time for students. They enw folii odpeakers at their highest pitch to celebrate every sin that comes wind
The result is that we are unable to make preparation in this way
I therefore, request your to impose a ban on the w of de kans during the
time of Board Examinations and punish those who are found guilty
2.WONDER OF SCIENCE
3. Note-Making and Summarising
4. Grammar and Translation (With Objective Questions)
Do as Directed
1. Christmas is celebrated ……… December 25. (Use preposition)
2. Holi is celebrated ……….. February or March. (Use preposition)
3. Rajendra Prasad was the ………. President of India. (first/last)
4. December is the ……….. month of the calendar. (first/last)
5. sing/can/a song/you/ ? (Rearrange)
6. I/stand/on/one leg/can/. (Rearrange)
7. We buy books pens from the shop. (Put the word „and‟ in the correct place)
8. We read stories poems in class. (Put the word „and‟ in the correct place)
9. Burj Khalifa is the ……….. building in the world. Its height is 830 meters.
(Use superlative degree of „tall‟)
10. The exam …….. (start) next week. (Use future tense of the verb given in
11. We …….. (keep) our school clean. (Use future tense of the verb given in
12. Umar ………. (plant) jamun seeds in the school‟s garden ( Complete the sentence with
Simple Past Tense form of the verb given in the bracket)
13. The plant ……….. (become) a tree and fruits grew on it. ( Complete the sentence with
Simple Past Tense form of the verb given in the bracket)
14. The rainy season starts ………… the summer. (before/after)
15. The Republic Day comes …………… the Independence Day in the calendar.
16. Suman …………. (play) the match last week. (Use Simple Past Tense)
17. The women …….. (go) back. (Use Simple Past Tense)
18. English …………. a link language in India. (Fill in the blanks with
19. 66 different scripts …………….. used in India. (Fill in the blanks with is/are)
20. Health is ………… (good) than wealth. (Complete the sentence using
21. A map is …………… (useful) than a dictionary while trekking. (Complete the sentence
using Comparative Degree)
22. The school planted around 200 trees …. the year 2017. (Complete the sentence using
23. Thimmakka began working hard …….a very young age. (Complete the sentence using
24. ………………… is a good exercise (Walk/Walking) (Complete the sentence
choosing the correct option)
5. Can you sing a song?
6. I can stand on one leg.
7. We buy books and pens from the shop.
8. We read stories and poems in the class.
10. will start
11. will keep
21. more useful
Fill in the blanks:
1- Ram is sitting —— Radha and Sapna. (between/among)
2- ——moon walks slowly and silently. (A/An/The)
3- Monday comes——Sunday. (before/after)
4- We—- obey our teachers. (ought to/ had/must)
5- The book is—- the table. (on/upon)
6- I have read ——books. (many/much)
7- Physics —– not a difficult subject. (is/are)
8- She —— an apple daily. (eat/eats)
9- The chair was—— by the student. (break/broken)
10- She—— her home work daily. (do/does)
4- ought to
5. Extracts from Prose
6. Extracts from Poems
Then took the other, just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
Page | 31
Answer the following questionsQ. 1 ‘It was grassy and wanted wear.‟ What does ‘it’ refer to?
(a) The road (b)The grass
(c) The poet (d) The tree
Q.2 Which road does the poet choose?
(a) The first road (b) The second road
(c) He decided to go back (d) Both the roads
Q.3 Why did the traveller/ the poet choose ‘the other road’?
1. The road
2. The second road
3. The poet wanted to try something new. The other road looked less used.
Therefore he chose it.
Practise to firm the body.
Make the heart steadfast.
Do this, and the wind will be friends with us.
The wind blows out weak fires.
He makes strong fires roar and flourish.
His friendship is good.
We praise him everyday.
1. The composer of the poem is-
(a) Robert Frost (b) Subramania Bharti
(c) Phoebe Cary (d) James Kirkup
2.Who makes strong fire roar and flourish?
(a) Heart (b) Friends
(c) The poet (d) Wind
3.How can we befriend the wind?
1. Subramania Bharti
3. We can befriend the wind by making ourselves strong. We should make our mind,
body and heart strong.
7. Central Idea of the Poems